YOU can't keep broadcaster and campaigner Chris Packham out of the news.
The 65-year-old had half a broadsheet newspaper page devoted to his likes and dislikes in last Saturday's edition of The Daily Telegraph.
Quizzed by journalist Rachel Corcoran, he comes up with nothing too unexpected or spicy, but he does reveal an apparent issue with Brussels sprouts appearing on his childhood dinner plate.
"My parents tried to get me to eat things that were totally unpalatable," he recalls. "Sitting for hours looking at a plate of sprouts was awful.
"The sprouts symbolise what I don't like which was the lack of control - the fact that I was told what to wear, what to eat what to watch on TV."
He continues: "I do eat sprouts now.
"My partner bakes them with Marmite and they're tasty.
"My mother would cook them to a pulp."
No comments:
Post a Comment